Friday, October 5, 2007

A Family Affair

First, I want to thank everyone for their birthday wishes for Oliver, either by e-mail or on the blog. It was very nice of all of you to think of him.

So, yesterday Andy and I had a special birthday lunch for Oliver for his birthday. When we came back from the market in the morning, our downstairs neighbor had a cake waiting for Oliver with a candle and all. She is a very nice, old Italian lady who comes out to greet Oliver and give him a hug everyday. She and her husband do not speak any English at all so I have to carry my Italian dictionary with me to figure out what they are saying. The other day I told them (in Italian) that Oliver's first birthday was on Thursday - they were very excited about that. After lunch, we had the cake and some cupcakes and Oliver opened his presents. He really had no idea what was going on but he was having a lot of fun! He opened my special present to him first. I knit him a teddy bear - and he LOVED it! He came over and gave me a big hug! Our landlady also stopped by with a present for Oliver - a very cool race car!


***I am having major problems uploading pictures to Blogger so I will have to update with pictures at a later time.***

We are having a big party tonight - all of the students are coming and I ordered a big chocolate cake from the bakery. Should be a good time.

Also - giving a shout out to Anita. We got her package yesterday with Oliver's birthday presents and reinforcements (food, clothes, etc.). It finally made it! Yay! Thanks so much for sending it.

No comments: