Thursday, November 8, 2007

Colossal!

My dad came to Rome to visit (yay!) so we spent the day touring Ancient Rome. If you are going to start somewhere on your trip to Rome, it has to be the Colosseum. It was also Oliver's first time to see the Colosseum. He fell asleep 5 minutes before we went in and woke up about 15 minutes after we left. He missed it completely. But we have more people yet to come visit us - I am sure he will get another chance to see it. My dad, on the other hand, had a great time and was very impressed.










From there we took a stroll through the Forum. Since I had already been, I have just a few photos from today.


Then it was a visit to the Mouth of Truth. I am kinda mad at this - they limit you to one photo because the line is long and the one I took of my dad came out blurry.

When I put my hand in the Mouth of Truth, Oliver got a little scared!

Lastly, we went to the Circus Maximus where Oliver got to stretch his legs before heading home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allen said...

The city of culture in Santiago will be on Build it Bigger on the Discovery Science channel Friday night. Maybe it'll be online afterwards so you can check it out.

http://dsc.discovery.com/video/index.html?playerId=203711706&categoryId=1077953604&lineupId=1076645005&titleId=1076992934
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/build-it-bigger/project-pages/spain/spain.html

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bob!
yes - Oliver can see it with us!
(Now I see O can be M's mini-me too!)
amore,mamma